Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not Without My Rosary


Dear Theophilus,

Since joining the Knights of Columbus a little over a year ago, I’ve gotten into the habit of carrying my rosary in my right pocket. It’s not actually the rosary I received from the Knights, but a rosary which my wife made for me that’s more than a decade old. Yesterday I left home without it, and I felt naked.

It’s not that I spend my day repeatedly praying the rosary, although that would be nice, but having my rosary in my pocket does offer a level of comfort and helps remind me to pray constantly. I keep my rosary in the same pocket as my pens and keys. Over the course of the day each time I reach into my pocket, which is often, my fingers touch the beads and cross of my rosary and I recall that the Lord is close by my side.

Having my rosary in my pocket gives the opportunity to thank the Lord many times throughout the day for the many blessing He has sent me. On tough days, the comfort of knowing the Lord is near comforts my spirit and helps me overcome the obstacles in life. I can now say that my rosary has become an essential part of my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment